Last month i started implementing a recipe into my Five Things series, and it's sticking! Check out the recipe of the month below along with some of my favorite things as of lately!
How to Win Friends and Influence People.- I have heard about this book for over a couple years, and was recommended to read it by numerous people and finally added it to my list to read this year! I bought it last week and already love it. If you want to purchase it, i will attach the link to amazon below. If you use this link, it'll show through my affiliate site. thank you! I'll be updating my thoughts on instagram and snapchat on what i think of the book.
Rice studio supply- I have loved this company for 4 years, and at WPPI this year ordered more portfolios with my new logo. Yes i'm still in love! if you're looking to get your logo dye on some fabulous paper materials, check them out. I haven't mentioned them on my blog since 2012, so i just had to give them another shout out! They work closely with you and have wonderful customer service!
Muscle Egg- I've tried this delicious stuff at two different fitness comps and expos and finally made the jump! It's flavored egg whites that you can cook with just like regular egg whites but you can also eat straight from the bottle. (believe me, you'll want to with some of the flavors they offer!) cake batter, chocolate, and more. This time just stuck to organic to make sure i'll use them. Did a ton of research and found even though they seem expensive, it actually costs a little less than normal egg whites. so why not! Try them out. More protein? uhhhh yes please! I believe they come in two containers at once, so you can freeze one or go in on some with friends to split the cost. perfect!
brains, booty, beauty By Z Body Fitness Inc- I bought this shirt from a fitness chick i follow. she has wonderful programs for women just starting to advanced. check out her website, cute apparel and if you purchase one of her programs, you'll be able to keep in touch by being added to their Facebook group. It's an accountability group with tons of encouragement!
Recipe of the Month!- Chicken avocado burgers with a side of baked potato fries.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 c. panko crumbs (i didn't use these)
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 c. minced onion
- 1 c. crumbled fat free feta cheese
- MIX together, form burgers. grill or fry over coconut oil
- 3-4 large russet potatoes, sliced into wedges (about 5 slices per potato)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons pink salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (i switched it out for garlic lovers and everything Flavor God Seasoning)
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese (i didn't use this much)
- optional: fresh parsley (or cilantro), ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Place potato wedges in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. In a small bowl whisk together salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle potato wedges with the shredded cheese, tossing to coat, then sprinkle with the seasoning mixture.
- Place potato wedges on prepared baking sheet in a single layer with skin-sides-down. Bake for 25-35 minutes until potatoes are fork-tender and golden. use Flavor God Ranch and mix with non fat plain Greek yogurt for dipping.